Mayor and City Council Reach Historical Agreement with Police Benevolent Association (PBA)

image004Doral, FL – The Mayor and Council of the City of Doral have reached their first collective bargaining agreement in five years with the Police Benevolent Association (PBA). This highly anticipated Agreement was ratified by the Union on April 24, 2014 and by the Mayor and City Council on May 1, 2014. 

“I am very proud of the entire team that worked together to bring us this agreement.  This agreement assures the business owners and residents of the City of Doral that public safety continues to be a top priority,” said Mayor Luigi Boria.

Highlights of the agreement include: 

1.       Pay Raises – Each member of the bargaining agreement that has not topped out will receive a 3% base wage increase implemented the first pay period following ratification and another 3% base wage increase October 2014.  A total of a 6% percent wage increase.

2.       Take Home Vehicles – Officers who elect to have a take home vehicle will pay $100 per month if they are a Miami-Dade County resident, $200 per month if they are a Broward County resident, $400 per month if they reside in any other county.  A police officer who resides within the boundaries of the City of Doral will pay zero.

3.       Court Time – Court time is compensated at a minimum of 3 hours at 1 ½ the officer’s regular rate.

Ms. Simone Lopez, Assistant General Counsel for the PBA addressed the Mayor and Council on the agreement and stated, “I want to convey to you on behalf of our membership that clearly voted in favor of this contract that we do want this contract and are pleased with this contract.”


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Send this to a friend