At Florida Blue, we understand the uncertainty that the coronavirus pandemic has brought to the lives of Floridians. The virus and the economic impact that accompanies it are likely to transform your lifestyle and health care choices. Florida Blue is committed to helping you and your family stay healthy and get the care you need amidst this ever-changing and uncertain climate. We are here for you.
You have affordable options after losing employer-provided health insurance. But you only have 60 days to apply through the Affordable Care Act.
Florida Blue is here to support the thousands in our community who have lost their jobs or their employer-provided health insurance. If your work, income or ability to keep health coverage has been impacted, you may be able to enroll in a new plan right away through a Special Enrollment Period – or SEP. You may even get help paying for it.
Florida Blue wants to remind everyone that there are affordable options to still have health coverage during this health crisis. This includes financial assistance that can reduce monthly payments to as low as $0/month, if you qualify.
We’re here to help you find a more affordable plan that better fits your budget if you’re one of the many individuals who:
- Lost your employer health coverage because you no longer have a job
- Lost your employer coverage because your hours have been cut
- Lost your coverage because your employer isn’t offering coverage anymore; or
- Purchased coverage on your own but now are concerned if you can afford it because your income has dropped.
And you may qualify for financial assistance to help pay for your premium. Most people do.
Plans are more affordable than you think. Having no health insurance means taking on unnecessary risk that may cost much more in the long run.
We can help you find out if you qualify for financial help to pay your premium. If you already receive financial assistance, you may now qualify for more. Or maybe
you just want to find a more affordable plan to better fit your budget:
- ¹Plans as low as $0 a month, if you qualify
- $0 for preventive care and certain generic prescriptions on certain plans
- ²Earn up to $500/year toward your premium in health and wellness rewards
- Discounts on eyeglasses
- The COVID-19 test is $0 for all members, and through October 31 we’re waiving the cost share for covered services for the treatment of those with a positive COVID-19 diagnosis
- $0 virtual doctor visits through Teladoc
Personalized Florida Blue Center virtual support — Locally-based neighborhood nurses, social workers, and sales and service personnel are available to provide personalized virtual support not just to Florida Blue members, but to the public. These specially trained representatives can assist with:
- Questions about COVID-19 and testing
- Financial assistance options to help pay for your health insurance
- Support for those struggling to afford groceries, rent, utilities, and other essentials
- Emotional support if you’re overwhelmed by COVID-19, financial struggles or other concerns
- Finding virtual health care options
- Navigating the health care system
To reach a local nurse, social worker, or support consultant, or to find out about a virtual class offering, call the Florida Blue Centers at 877-352-5830 or log onto www.FloridaBlueCenters.com.
No cost bilingual emotional support helpline — In partnership with New Directions Behavioral Health, any Floridian can call 833-848-1762 for support in managing feelings of stress, anxiety, grief or fear related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Counselors cannot provide information on COVID-19 testing or treatment.
Community support — To address the critical health and safety needs across our state, Florida Blue has made more than $7 million in community investments since the COVID-19 situation began to provide access to testing and health care, food security and other essential needs for Floridians.
COVID-19 resource center — All Floridians can visit www.floridablue.com/COVID19
for the latest information on the coronavirus. Florida Blue members with specific coverage questions can call the phone number on the back of their member ID card or 1-800-352-2583.
Florida Blue is a trade name of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc., an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. These policies have limitations and exclusions. The amount of benefits provided depends on the plan selected and the premium may vary with the amount of benefits selected. Benefits displayed are only available in certain plans and certain counties. ¹To be eligible for $0 monthly cost, your Marketplace monthly advance premium tax credit must equal to or be more than the premium. ²Rewards available for individual ACA members 18 years or older. Reward amounts will apply to premiums and excess amounts may be redeemed subject to the reward program’s terms and conditions.